Food Secured Schools Africa
No child should learn with an empty stomach.
What We Do
Food Secured Schools Africa was born out of passion and determination of its founder, an agronomist with experience in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan and other African countries.
We are a social enterprise that blends advocacy, capacity building and hard work to create bountiful school gardens.
Over the years, the work of Food Secured Schools Africa was supported and recognized by several international organisations.
Our School Gardens in Numbers
tonnes / ha vegetables
Reasons to support us
- We turn unused land into fertile gardens
- We blend development with entrepreneurship to reach sustainability
- We grow not only vegetables, but also new generations of resilient human beings
- We contribute to #Zero Hunger SDG
Find us on Patreon
School Gardens in Ethiopia
- Grafted avocado seedlings for food securityDuring the Covid-19 crisis in Ethiopia, although, compared with other countries there were no radical lock-down measures, the access of the parents to work the gardens and produce vegetables became infrequent and unreliable. The income through the School Feeding ProgramContinue reading “Grafted avocado seedlings for food security”
- Avocado seedlings for Mekdela school gardenThe Israeli Embassy in Ethiopia donated over 20 avocado seedlings to support the school feeding project at Mekdela Primary School in Addis Ababa, run by Food Secured Schools Africa (FSSA).